Friday, June 19, 2009

Fat Girl



Fat Girl, the story of my life some (Nathan) would say. But, untrue though venturing through this film I can't help but find myself in a minimal notation sort of feeling some of her pain. It was actually quite painful to watch this because, this for everyone is a very harmful stage of a persons life to your psyche. Honestly, it especially happens when I'd see her piling food on her plate that towered over the rest of the others food or, getting a banana split when others are having coffee. Need I say some people have been in those situations? I know I have and I'm glad that awkwardness is gone. What provoked me to watch this finally is that recently I have been assessing my fatness and am actually doing something about it. It's a miracle that everyone seems so reluctant to try called, exercise. It really is a good feeling to feel all the sweat dripping away from you and know that it's like, "Rock it's dripping away" though I know that's not the whole process. 'The Burn' sets in and that's when it really gets to kicking.

Anaïs (Anaïs Reboux) and her older sister, Elena (Roxane Mesquida), are on vacationing in a seaside beach town of France become bored at home and wander out into town for beverages. On the way the girls talk about their virginity and Elena promiscuous behavior with her boyfriends. The two walk to an outside and they meet a young law student named, Fernando (Libero De Rienzo), who invites them to sit with him since the place is crowded. Elena and Fernando become very interested in one another and begining making out in front of Anaïs while she eats a banana split. Later, Fernando comes to the girls home to meet the parents and later sneaks into the bedroom where Anaïs and Elena sleep. Pretending to be asleep, Anaïs watches the whole episode while the two fondle each other and Fernando tries to convince Elena to have sex. She is reluctant at first but, Fernando explains to Elena that if he doesn't get what he wants from her he'll have no other choice but, to alleviate himself with the use of another girl. Elena is eventually talked into having anal sex as a proof of 'love' to Fernando. The two wake in the morning to learn that Anaïs was awake during it all and the two feel violated and Elena is infuriated and slaps Anaïs out of anger and calls her a bitch.

The story about half way appeals to me I guess along the means of being a childhood fatty and then trying to do everything my older sibling did. The sisterly bond is both excruciating and rewarding at the times it is necessary. The two reminisce about the old days and share their thoughts with one another while just a few short moments ago they were at one another's throats. Anaïs views on her virginity are totally adjacent to her elder sisters whom thinks that one should lose their virginity to someone they love and feel connected to, Anaïs on the other hand believes the first time should just be lost to some 'nobody' just to get it over with. I'm positive these kinds of things are harder on girls with all the pressure put on by peers and especially boys, hormones in guys being much more physically driven opposed to girls hormones usually leaning more towards emotional points of view. But, in Anaïs' case not so much I guess. The film definitely shift gears and it wasn't what I was (or for anyone else) thinking it was going to end up as. The ending is well worth watching this film if anything. Otherwise it's an extremely awkward film pertaining to those who have had, or have, weight problems because it might bring to the surface some of your own old bad memories.

trailer

2 comments:

  1. I've thought about watching this on several occasions but never have. However, my limited knowledge, backed up by your plot summary, leads me to question how a young girl's coming-of-sexual-age story could be the story of your life. Anyway, didn't Sasha Gray call this one of her favorite films of all time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm unsure but, I could see why it would be.

    ReplyDelete